To carry out the duties outlined in the Affiliate bylaws and to prepare and administer the annual Affiliate budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure regular audit of Affiliate finances, as per the bylaws.
- Administer fiscal and financial policies of the Affiliate.
- Formulate the Affiliate’s annual budget and submit it to the Board.
- Track and report expenditures, as per the budget line items.
Composition/ Members and Tenure of Appointment:
Chair: Erin Baird, CNM
The Finance Committee will meet: Quarterly or more often, as required.
Specific Annual Objective/Activities/Milestone Dates:
The Virginia Affiliate of ACNM is funded primarily by member dues. Additional funds are raised during educational programs such as the Fall Potpourri of Women’s Health Topics. Members can be confident that their dues are being used for the following:
- Lobbyist fees to support midwifery legislation in the Commonwealth
- Continuing Education Programs sponsored by the Affiliate
- Supporting local midwifery marketing efforts
- Midwives PAC donation to support midwifery legislation nationally
- Co-sponsor legislative receptions
- Co-hosting ACNM Annual Meeting when local
Additional objectives include:
- Expand accounting to include digital methods of payment
- Conduct internal or external audits
- Submit 2017 budget request to Affiliate Executive Board
Approved Committee Budgets
- Website development and maintenance: $1,200 initial set-up; $69/month maintenance
- Marketing grants: Yearly total: $1,000; Individual regions many submit an application for up to a maximum of $250/year for marketing related events. See policies/procedures for more details.
- Lobbyist annual fee: $12,000/year
- Up to $250 per Region, per year and may be awarded upon review of submitted application.
- Grant funds are to be utilized to support the mission of the Virginia ACNM Affiliate. Funds are not to be used to purchase materials that support individual practices and practitioners. Rather, materials are to in support of midwifery care in general.
- Detailed purchase requests must be submitted 30 days in advance with alternative prices to ensure cost effective purchase.
- Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis, if timely approval is required.
- Reimbursement paid within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- Reimbursable expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Educational materials that can be shared between ACNM Virginia regions (not site-specific), such as re-usable pamphlets, digital media, announcements for individual events
- Banners, table cloths
- Monogrammed “giveaways” marked with “ACNM Virginia” or other non-site-specific paraphernalia
- Enrollment fees for marketing events
- Light refreshments for sponsored events